Yellowstone National ParkU.S. National Park Information Website
Yellowstone is a brochure-styled, informational web site for Yellowstone National Park. The purpose of this site is not to provide audiences with travel offers, hotel stays, nor any other type of commercial sales or marketing pitch. The primary purpose is to provide the public with information relating to Yellowstone's history, wildlife, geology, and available trails for cycling, hiking, and sight-seeing interests. This information is delivered to those who use the web site, as an attempt to educate potential tourists and park visitors about the many natural attractions and geological wonders that Yellowstone National Park has to offer.
In addition to the main purpose (as stated above), the other key goals of this project are:
• To provide the site's users with captivating content that will facilitate a deeper level of immersion as they explore deeper into the site's information.
• To highlight Yellowstone's wildlife and geological attractions by presenting audiences with a variety of nature images and park photographs, delivered throughout the site by means of animated-stills, dynamic image displays, and as static photography along with other graphical elements which visually compliment the site's theme and enhance the overall mood and tone.
• To encourage eco-friendly tourism by hosting maps and other key points of information relating to many of Yellowstone's biking, hiking, and sight-seeing trails.
• Most importantly, the overall goal and intent of this web site is to inspire others to travel and explore Yellowstone for themselves.
The primary target audience group for this project are:
• Adults (30 years+)
Programming and software skills used to develop this project include:
• XHTML / CSS / AJAX / Dreamweaver
• Incorporates animated photography with transitional image effects as a method for providing content to users, thus providing a deeper level of user experience through visually-pleasing imagery that can captivate and hold audience attention.
• Optimization and Digital Image Compositing of various file-type graphicsand images.
• Aesthetic graphical design treatments developed specifically to compliment the "look & feel" of professionally designed brochures, magazine layouts, and various other sorts of well-designed print ads.